ELO’s Design & Delivery unit provides e-learning services for instructors in the Colleges of Engineering (COE) and Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS). Services include consultation, design, development, and delivery of online and blended courses offered for academic credit and professional development.
It is made up of three sub units:
- Design and Development handles asynchronous and blended credit courses and ISU projects
- Live Classroom Delivery handles courses that use lecture capture technology
- Professional Development handles online courses for working professionals
ELO Design and Delivery provides the following basic services for credit and professional development courses.
- Guidance and support developing the pedagogic design of an online and/or blended course. It includes working with instructors to:
- Clarify course objectives and learning outcomes
- Align learning outcomes with activities and assessments
- Provide feedback on assessing student learning
- Identify technologies that enhance student learning
- Provide guidance on exam creation and distance student proctoring options
- Provide information or options for recording and/or hosting videos
- Set up course pages on Blackboard Learn and/or Moodle
- Troubleshoot technical issues in the course
- Train instructors and/or teaching assistants to manage the day-to-day operations of the course, like
- Update course pages;
- Post, manage, and facilitate discussions on the discussion forum;
- Create and publish quizzes, manage the gradebook and student feedback
For information on advanced services, go to each sub-unit’s page.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-294-4601, 0142 Howe Hall