Part 1: Installing Echo 360 and Recording a Video
- Log in to http://www.echo360.org with your Net ID.
- Go to https://echo360.org/downloads
- Click on Mac Download
- Install the software. When installation is finished, open the program.
- Click on Go to My Recording
- Click Start Recording; you will be taken to the Recording setup screen
- Select what you would like to capture by enabling you audio/video inputs
- Audio is set to record by default. you can capture your computer screen and a webcam as well
- Click the configure button to change the input source, if you have more than one microphone, webcam, or computer monitor
- My Recordings takes you to a list of your previously recorded content
- Enter a recording Title in the text box at the top of the window
- Click Start Capture and create a short test recording (1-2 minutes long) to ensure your audio and video is being appropriately captured. Do NOT skip this step
- When you are finished, click Stop Capture. The Edit Recording window will open automatically
- Play the recording back to make sure your audio and video is being captured.
Note: If audio or video are not captured, return to the main screen and check your sources on the left menu
- You are ready to complete your recording
Part 2: Editing and Publishing Your Video
- To trim out sections of the recording, move the yellow triangles to select the area and then click the Scissors icon to remove the area between them. Skip to step 3 if you are not making any edits.
Note: If you make a mistake, just click the Clear Cuts button
- When you are finished, click Apply Edits. Click OK to confirm your edits and the My Recordings window will open
- To publish, select your recording and click Publish Recording
- Login with your Echo username and password
Note: Make sure to include @iastate.edu at the end of your username
- You will be taken to the Select Course window. Select the course you would like to publish to and click Next
- On the next screen, give the recording a Title and then click Publish
- The My Recordings window will display the upload status of the recording
- Once the recording is done uploading to the server, it will say it is Published and the server will finish the publishing process
Note: Typically, an hour-long recording takes an hour before it is available to be viewed by the students
Please email email@example.com if you have further questions