|Iowa State is committed to increasing online testing capacity to serve students. In collaboration with the Government of the Student Body we are taking several measures to improve online testing services. A new Testing Center website has been created with complete hours and locations.|
Checking-in and Checking-out of the Testing Center
- Check-in at the front desk
- Present a photo ID (student ID, drivers license, or passport are all OK.)
- Tell the check-in person the course name, section, instructor’s name, and which exam they are taking (e.g. Exam 1, Exam 2, etc.)
- You will be issued a clip board with scratch paper that must be returned when you check out. Present your ID to the check-out counter staff and return clipboard and scratch paper.
General Instructions for Students
- The Testing Center machines are to be used for proctored testing purposes only.
- Students are not allowed to use the machines to study or take “practice” exams prior to completion of their proctored exams.
- It is expected that students entering the Testing Center are fully prepared to take the exam or quiz before they begin.
- After you have read and agreed to the rules listed below navigate to the exam you are taking. (NOTE: If you do not agree to the rules listed below please gather your possessions and leave the testing lab.)
- Let the proctor know that you are ready to take the exam.
- The proctor will enter the appropriate password allowing you to take the exam. (Note: If, after the exam window has opened the proctor may close the main page – do not be alarmed. You can continue to complete and submit the exam.)
- After you have completed and submitted your exam please log-off of the machine. Click on the “Start” button in the lower left hand corner of the screen and select “Log Off”.
The following rules apply to all exams taken in the Testing Center unless an instructor has notified the Center Management of special conditions that alter or change a portion or portions of these rules for a particular exam or exams.
- All backpacks, books, and written materials are to be closed and placed under the desk or chair so as not to be viewable while taking the exam.
- Consultation, collaboration, or communication with others in an attempt to obtain answers is prohibited. Obtaining answers by viewing or copying another’s work is prohibited.
- You must obtain scratch paper from one of the proctors. All scratch paper must be returned to the proctor upon completion of the exam.
- All electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, PDA’s, iPods, etc) must be shut off and stowed away during the exam.
- You may not use any removable media (e.g. Zip disks, memory sticks, etc.) while taking the exam. Once the proctor has opened the exam window you may not navigate away from the exam page until you have completed and submitted the exam. All extraneous open windows will have the site location recorded and then the window closed.
- Once the exam has started you will not be allowed to go to the restroom.
- All witnessed infractions of the rules stated above will be reported to the instructor of the course.