|$3,000 USD||Register Now|
Course Start Date:
Course Access Time:
Engineering-LAS Online Learning has partnered with MTM Association to adapt the ten-day course into an online course to provide students with the tools necessary to take the MTM-1 Certification exam, receive an MTM-1 Certificate of Completion, and an optional BlueCard® certification. This course discusses principles of MTM-1 construction, time elements and simultaneous motions of MTM-1, and methods improvements in MTM-1. The certification will be issued by MTM Association for Standards and Research.
Most courses offer a certificate of completion or CEU/PDH, but with the MTM-1 course you get both. Take our MTM-1 course and receive two major benefits upon completion:
- Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- MTM-1 Certificate of Completion
- Optional BlueCard® certification in MTM-1
Starting January 2017, any student who enrolls in MTM-1 or MTM-UAS will receive MTM-1/MTM-UAS Certificate of Completion, and the BlueCard Certification will become optional. (For students that were enrolled before January 2017 these students will still receive their BlueCard Certifications without the extra steps).
Students can select which MTM Association they would like to receive a certificate from. When registering for the course there will be a selection box on the registration form that the student can select either MTM Association US/Canada or MTM Association UK whichever Association the student checks will be the one they will receive the certificate from.
Certificate of Completion
To learn more about the differences between the certificate of completion and the optional BlueCard certification please go to the FAQs page.
Optional BlueCard Certification
The international BlueCard is evidence of the holder’s ability to use their MTM training anywhere in the world. International employers and Unions can use this as proof of the holder’s ability to use MTM correctly. The International BlueCard will only be granted to holders of an MTM Certification who complete the following steps:
- The applicant must maintain a membership in a recognized MTM Association
- The applicant will need to have successfully completed a recognized MTM training course and received MTM Certification from the associated MTM Association within the previous 3 months
- The applicant will need to submit evidence of competency in an application of MTM. This evidence must be submitted in the form of a written analysis of representative activities totaling a minimum of:
- MTM-1 2,000 TMU’s
- MTM-UAS 4,000 TMU’s
- The applicant must submit sufficient documentation to ensure that the instructor evaluating the evidence has sufficient information regarding the activity to correctly evaluate the evidence (while not required, a video of the activity is highly suggested)
- The BlueCard must be renewed every 3 years
- The BlueCard is Free to members of the US MTM Association as long as the application is made within 6 months following the MTM Certification exam
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define key terms related to the understanding and application of MTM-1
- Explain the important concepts involved in MTM-1 application
- Analyze processes using the MTM-1 Data Card
- Demonstrate planning and design applications using the MTM-1 system
- Recommend design improvement applications using the MTM-1 system
- Develop a workstation design using the MTM-1 system
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Historical Development of the MTM System
- Unit 3: Fundamental Terms of MTM-1
- Unit 4: The Basic Motion Cycle
- Unit 5: Basic Motions
- Unit 6: Basic Motions of the Eyes
- Unit 7: Motions in Combination
- Mid-course Review Exam
- Unit 8: Foot, Leg and Body Motions
- Unit 9: Creating an MTM Analysis
- Unit 10: Planning, Designing and Improving a Workstation
- Practice Examination
- Unit 11: Requirements for Implementing MTM-1
- MTM-1 Certification Exam
Course is delivered online through 11 units that are separated by topic. The units include readings from the course manual, quizzes, application assignments and video interviews with Instructor Dirk Rauglas where he shares his expertise and experience surrounding the key issues of each topic. To complete the course, you must take and pass the Certification Exam, which is administered by a proctor the Course Instructors have approved.
You may complete each module at your own pace, but the course must be completed in 60 days to take the Certification Exam. Approximate time to complete course is 80 hours.
You will be provided with an electronic copy of the MTM-1 manual.
Most units include automatically scored quizzes ranging from 5–10 questions. The quizzes are not graded and will not affect your overall score in the course. The quizzes are meant to test your understanding of the unit material. After completing a quiz, you will see which questions were correct and incorrect and can take the quiz as many times as you need.
Most units also include assignments that will be submitted and scored by an instructor. These assignments are submitted online and feedback is given online as well. The assignments address key unit concepts and include opportunities for practical application such as MTM-1 analysis and workstation design.
There is an automatically scored mid-course review that will assess your progress in the course at that point in time. At the end of the course there is also an automatically scored practice examination that will help you to prepare for the final Certification Examination.
After completing the course units and achieving a passing score on the Practice Examination, you can have the MTM-1 Certification Proctored Exam sent to a proctor, who will proctor the certification exam for you. Upon passing the certification exam, you will receive a MTM-1 Certificate of Completion.
If you wish to enroll multiple students in the course at one time, we do offer group rates as follows:
10–19 students, 5% off/registration
20–49 students, 10% off/registration
50+ students, 15% off/registration
You must register all students at the same time, providing name, email address, and telephone number. Each student will receive a separate username and password to access the certification course.
Dirk Rauglas is a degreed Industrial Engineer (BSIE, University of Illinois) with an advanced certificate in business management (University of Chicago).
Mr. Rauglas began his career in Industrial Engineering working as a classical industrial engineer at a manufacturer of electrical distribution equipment; His career includes serving as the Manager of Industrial Engineering and Quality Control for a major manufacturer of durable consumer goods.
He has been the Executive Director of the MTM Association since 1990. He is certified as an instructor in all MTM Systems having taught thousands of students the skills necessary to successfully apply the MTM Family of Systems. His work experience with the MTM Association involves a wide range of Industrial Engineering activities in a broad range of businesses including discreet manufacturing, process industries, healthcare and service industries. His areas of expertise include the application of pre-determined time measurement systems, with a particular focus on their use in achieving optimal results in Lean Manufacturing environments.
Mr. Rauglas has published numerous articles in periodicals ranging from the IMD Journal to IIE Solutions. In addition, Mr. Rauglas is called upon to speak at various nationally sponsored Industrial Engineering and Management Training events throughout the world.
We have a group of highly qualified instructors standing by ready to teach this course. You will be assigned one of these instructors after you have registered for this course. This instructor will grade your assignments and exams and are there to answer any questions about the course you might have, so do not be afraid to ask questions directly to your instructor throughout the duration of the course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-854-1675 for more information.