Starting August 1, 2015, MTM-UAS course participants are required to take a prerequisite course, MTM-1 Base or MTM-1 Certification prior to signing up for MTM-UAS course.
|$1,500 USD||Register Now|
|MTM-1 Base or
Course Start Date:
Course Access Time:
Anyone involved in Industrial Engineering, Lean Activities, or those who have a demonstrated need to develop optimal work measurement standards and methods in a Batch Production Environment can take this online course to receive online training for MTM-UAS (Methods-Time Measurement Universal Analyzing System) Certification. Engineering-LAS Online Learning has partnered with MTM Association to adapt the five-day course into an online course to provide students with the tools necessary to take the MTM-UAS Certification exam, receive MTM- UAS Certificate of Completion and an optional BlueCard certification. This course discusses principles of MTM-UAS construction, time elements and simultaneous motions of MTM-UAS, and methods improvements in MTM-UAS. The certification will be issued by MTM Association for Standards and Research.
Most courses offer a certificate of completion or CEU/PDH, but with the MTM-UAS course you get both, plus the opportunity to download free time-saving software (normally a $1,000 value). Take our MTM-UAS course and receive three major benefits upon completion
- 3.0 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- Free lifetime download of ProTime Estimation, a software that organizes your task time data in an easy to use spreadsheet format and reduces estimation time.
- MTM- UAS Certificate of Completion
- Optional BlueCard certification in MTM-UAS
You will gain access to a free download of ProTime Extension software from Proplanner after finishing the course, but can download the 30-day free trial to use during the course. ProTime Extension organizes your task time data in an easy to use spreadsheet format, helping to reduce estimation time and improve the accuracy and consistency of your task times. ProTime Extension has a $995 value, but will be available to you for free using the MTM-UAS license ID, which you will gain access to upon completion of the course.
Starting January 2017, any student who enrolls in MTM-1 or MTM-UAS will receive MTM-UAS/MTM-1 Certificate of Completion, and the BlueCard Certification will become optional. (For students that were enrolled before January 2017 these students will still receive their BlueCard Certifications without the extra steps).
Certificate of Completion
Optional BlueCard Certification
The international BlueCard is evidence of the holder’s ability to use their MTM training anywhere in the world. International employers and Unions can use this as proof of the holder’s ability to use MTM correctly. The International BlueCard will only be granted to holders of an MTM Certification who complete the following steps:
- The applicant must maintain a membership in recognized MTM Association
- The applicant will need to have successfully completed a recognized MTM training course and received MTM Certification from the associated MTM Association within the previous 6 months
- The applicant will need to submit evidence of competency in an application of MTM. This evidence must be submitted in the form of a written analysis of representative activities totaling a minimum of:
- MTM-1 2,000 TMU’s
- MTM-UAS 4,000 TMU’s
- The applicant must submit sufficient documentation to ensure that the instructor evaluating the evidence has sufficient information regarding the activity to correctly evaluate the evidence (while not required, a video of the activity is highly suggested)
- The BlueCard must be renewed every 3 years
- The BlueCard is Free to members of the US MTM Association as long as the application is made within 6 months following the MTM Certification exam
During this course, you will learn to:
- Develop MTM-UAS based standard times
- Assess production methods in terms of optimizing productivity
- Utilize MTM-UAS to support the planning and designing of work methods and workstations
- Discover design potential within the planning process
- Create company specific standard data building blocks supporting the production process
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Principles of MTM-UAS Construction
- Unit 3: Time Elements of MTM-UAS
- Unit 4: Methods Improvement
- Units 5-7: Auxiliary Practice Problems
- Unit 8: UAS Standard Operations
- Review Quizzes
- Practice Examination
- Certification Proctored Exam
Course is delivered online through lecture videos and quizzes split into units by topic. Each unit is split into sections and each section includes presentation slides in PDF format, a lecture video and a quiz. To complete the course, you must take and pass the Certification Exam, which is administered by a proctor the Course Instructors have approved.
Each lecture video ranges from 5 minutes–30 minutes and varies by module and topic. You may complete each module at your own pace, but the course must be completed in 60 days to take the Certification Exam. Approximate time to complete course is 30–40 hours.
You will be provided with a copy of the presentation slides used in the lecture videos and an electronic copy of the MTM-UAS manual.
Each section includes a quiz ranging from 2–5 questions. The quizzes are not graded and will not affect your overall score in the course. The quizzes are meant to test your understanding of the unit material. After completing a quiz, you will see which questions were correct and incorrect and can take the quiz as many times as you need.
After completing the course units, you will take two review quizzes and a comprehensive Practice Examination. These quizzes and Practice Examination are automatically scored and are meant to prepare you for the final exam. Once you’ve achieved a passing score on the review quizzes and Practice Examination and feel you are ready, you can have the MTM-UAS Certification Proctored Exam sent to a proctor, who will proctor the certification exam for you. Upon passing the certification exam, you will receive a MTM-UAS Certificate of Completion in MTM-UAS.
If you wish to enroll multiple students in the course at one time, we do offer group rates as follows:
10–19 students, 5% off/registration
20–49 students, 10% off/registration
50+ students, 15% off/registration
You must register all students at the same time, providing name, email address, and telephone number. Each student will receive a separate username and password to access the certification course.
Dirk Rauglas is a degreed Industrial Engineer (BSIE, University of Illinois) with an advanced certificate in business management (University of Chicago).
Mr. Rauglas began his career in Industrial Engineering working as a classical industrial engineer at a manufacturer of electrical distribution equipment; His career includes serving as the Manger of Industrial Engineering and Quality Control for a major manufacturer of durable consumer goods.
He has been the Executive Director of the MTM Association since 1990. He is certified as an instructor in all MTM Systems having taught thousands of students the skills necessary to successfully apply the MTM Family of Systems. His work experience with the MTM Association involves a wide range of Industrial Engineering activities in a broad range of businesses including discreet manufacturing, process industries, healthcare and service industries. His areas of expertise include the application of pre-determined time measurement systems, with a particular focus on their use in achieving optimal results in Lean Manufacturing environments.
Mr. Rauglas has published numerous articles in periodicals ranging from the IMD Journal to IIE Solutions. In addition, Mr. Rauglas is called upon to speak at various nationally sponsored Industrial Engineering and Management Training events throughout the world.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-854-1675 for more information.