ELO’s Design & Delivery unit captures on-campus class meetings and delivers recordings to online students through a course’s Blackboard site. In addition, we deliver prerecorded content (live classroom lecture recordings recorded in the past two years).
For instructors using ELO’s live lecture recordings and/or recorded content, certain requirements must be met to ensure a smooth process. Refer to the Live Lecture Recording Tips and Best Practices for Courses Using Live Capture for creating a satisfying online teaching experience.
ALL instructors must communicate their service needs by the date below.
|Course offered in||Contact ELO by|
|Fall 2017||August 7, 2017|
|Spring 2018 (Canvas)||December 8, 2017|
|Summer 2018||March 30, 2018|
- New online instructors are required to set up a time to meet with ELO staff and take a tour of the technology-equipped classrooms prior to teaching online.
- ELO supports Blackboard Learn. If instructors prefer to use LMS or websites other than Blackboard to deliver their content, they are responsible for making the content available to their student
Requirements for Live Capture Courses
- ELO will provide access to pre-recorded content for online courses if the course has been recorded within the last 2 years.
- Instructors are responsible for enrolling students into their online sections no later than the start of classes
- Instructors must either use an ELO-approved Blackboard page or provide access to their own Blackboard page by the deadline listed in General Requirements table
Note: Create a new Blackboard page, if your Blackboard course page is more than 2 years old.
- An up-to-date syllabus must be posted no later than the first day of classes.
- Instructors must add their course to ISU’s proctoring system before classes begin if their course has proctored exams and/or uses ISU’s testing center