ELO’s Design & Delivery unit captures on-campus class meetings and delivers recordings to online students through a course’s Canvas site. In addition, we deliver prerecorded content (live classroom lecture recordings recorded in the past two years).
For instructors using ELO’s live lecture recordings and/or recorded content, certain requirements must be met to ensure a smooth process. Refer to the Live Lecture Recording Tips and Best Practices for Courses Using Live Capture for creating a satisfying online teaching experience.
ALL instructors must communicate their service needs by the date below.
|Course offered in||Contact ELO by|
|Spring 2018||December 8, 2017|
|Summer 2018||April 16, 2018|
|Fall 2018||August 3, 2018|
- New online instructors are required to set up a time to meet with ELO staff and take a tour of the technology-equipped classrooms prior to teaching online.
- ELO supports Canvas. If instructors prefer to use a different LMS or websites other than Canvas to deliver their content, they are responsible for making the content available to their students
Requirements for Live Capture Courses
- ELO will provide access to pre-recorded content for online courses if the course has been recorded within the last 2 years.
- Instructors are responsible for enrolling students into their online sections no later than the start of classes
- Instructors must either use a Canvas page which uses ELO’s live capture template or provide access to their own Canvas page by the deadline listed in General Requirements table
- An up-to-date syllabus must be posted no later than the first day of classes.
- Instructors must add their course to ISU’s proctoring system before classes begin if their course has proctored exams and/or uses ISU’s testing center