If using the ELO Canvas Live Lecture Template, these steps will help you add a syllabus to a recommended location and automatically open an in-line preview of the file. You may want to consider placing the text of your syllabus directly in the syllabus page which will allow the page to not only be accessible but allow for easy updating term to term.
- After logging in to your Canvas course page, click on Syllabus on the left menu.
- Next, click on Edit, on the top right corner.
- Delete the placeholder ELO Syllabus_Template.pdf in the content area. Next, click on the Files tab, on the right menu. Then, click on Upload a new file.
- Click on Choose File. Then, select your syllabus file.
- Once you have chosen your file, select Upload.
- The document will appear in the content area. Next, highlight the file name in the content area. Then, click on the link icon.
- Select Update Link. The new syllabus should replace the previous content.