- For synchronous presentation requirements:
- If you will require (online) students to attend event/s, the synchronous requirement must be added to the Schedule of Classes.
- For one-time events, keep in mind that online students may not be able to join at the time of class. Provide advance notice and additional time slot options for best results.
- Unless the class is defined as synchronous in the course description, students cannot be required to attend live on a recurring/regular basis.
- For best results with live (classroom) presentations via WebEx:
- Share specific dates and details of the event with ELO and your student producer.
- Have online students (or) guest presenters contact elotech to do a “test run” at least 2 days prior to presentation.
- To save in-class time, consider using an alternate presentation method. For example, students can create stand-alone video presentations and upload/link the content to Canvas.
- (Alternative) For best results with asynchronous presentations:
- Use Canvas discussion boards for students to post their pre-recorded videos.
- You may want to require students to post replies to encourage discussion about the presentation topics.
- Using Discussion Boards for Student Presentations
- (Optional) You can play student presentations during the class meeting time.
For ALL Presentations, students can create content using:
- PowerPoint with voice-over
- Zoom recording
Contact ELO for more information.