John is trying to record lecture videos for his online course. He met with ELO Design and Development (ELODEV) and decided to use the ELODEV Recording Studio. As daunting as it sounded in the first place, he found recording online lecture videos was not a tedious process once he got started. Here are a few tips he found useful to help you get started with your first recording session.
- Create a folder for your course and name it with your course code and number (e.g. ECON 101). You can use this folder as a repository of the materials you will be using to record your lectures. Create subfolders for your lecture slides and other material (e.g., PowerPoint presentation slides, PDF files, etc.). See an example of a folder structure below.
- After creating your folder structure, copy your files to their respective folders.
- Open your files to make sure they are at a desired size and resolution. It is recommended that the files be sized to full screen.
- Ensure that all the equipment (i.e., headset and pen) you will need is available and appropriately connected to the Wacom tablet. Are you able to find the Wacom pen, which is located on the upper back side of the screen? Is the headset connected?
- The Wacom pen is located on the upper back side of the screen. Wacom Pen
- Ensure that the headset is plugged in to the Wacom tablet.
- For the best performance, the microphone should be positioned near your chin without being in front of your mouth. This ensures that the microphone is in close proximity to the sound source without being exposed to possible plosives.
- You can use the inline control to adjust the volume of the sound in your headphone and mute your microphone.
- You can mute the microphone by pressing the button once. When the microphone is muted, the light in the inline control will blink. When you press the button again, the microphone will be unmuted. Please ensure that the light is not blinking when you start recording.
* If there is any problems with the setup or the equipment in the room, please contact ELO Design and Development at 515-294-4601.