Now that you have created your file structure and have become familiar with the recording equipment, keep in mind the tips John has to share with you to help you get your materials ready.
Working with PowerPoint slides
- If you are using PowerPoint to prepare your lecture slides, make sure your presentation file is saved to the course folder (e.g., ECON 101) under a directory where you can easily locate it (e.g., Lecture Slides).
- Open your PowerPoint file and navigate to the slide you want to capture.
- Preview your slides in Presentation mode to ensure that they are displayed properly.
Working with PDF files
- If you are producing your lecture slides as PDF files, make sure your PDF file is saved to your course folder (e.g., ECON 101) under a directory where you can easily locate it (e.g., Lecture Slides).
- If you want to annotate your slides, open your PDF file with PDF Annotator, which allows you to draw shapes on your slides, and underline and highlight your content.
- When you open your PDF file in PDF Annotator, it will appear on a screen as shown below.
- You can change the dimensions of your PDF file from the editing menu shown below.