Basic System Requirements
**These are basic system requirements for Echo360 and WebEx found in the Captured Classroom Content section in ELO supported Blackboard pages.**
For the best online learning experience you will need:
- Windows 7 or later, or, Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Note: Not all features of Echo360 and WebEx are supported in Windows 10
- At least 4 GB RAM
- 2.4 GHz (minimum) core i5 Processor
- Broadband Internet Connection (1.5 Mbps required, 4.0 Mbps recommended)
- Internet Explorer 9.x, Chrome, Safari 6.x, or Firefox 3.x (latest version recommended)
- Adobe Flash 10.1 or later
- User privileges to install software (for required software installations)
- For courses that utilize online meetings or live distance presentations with audio and video participation:
- Computer with microphone and webcam (Headphones with microphone recommended)
- A hardwired Broadband Internet Connection (Required)
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested but should function properly.
Provisional: future technologies considered supported by Blackboard Support.
Unsupported: either impossible or not tested.
Having Trouble Viewing Videos?
Latest versions of Firefox and Chrome browsers may block some content, like videos, in Blackboard Learn. If videos fail to display
Safari users must go to Preferences, Security, and un-check the Block pop-up windows box.
Internet Explorer and Edge users must click Always Allow when asked to allow pop-ups for the page.
Chrome users must click the shield icon at the far right side of the Navigation Toolbar and select Load Insecure Content or Load Unsafe Script.
Firefox users must click the shield icon at the far left side of the Navigation Toolbar and select Load Insecure Content or Load Unsafe Script.
Select Lecture Videos to view lecture recordings following class meetings. Lecture videos are posted within 24 hours of being recorded. For more detailed instructions on using the platform, view the Echo Student Guide
To determine if your browser is properly configured, once you log into Blackboard at https://bb.its.iastate.edu, perform the browser test below.
Lecture Videos & Notes
It is important that you have administrative privileges on the computer that you are using. Even if you were able to view lecture videos in previous semesters using a work, military, or other outside computer, due to updates on those networks, you may no longer be able to view new content. You may need permissions to update the following:
Adobe Flash Player: EchoCenter requires that Adobe Flash Player is updated as needed http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Enabling cookies: Live streaming videos (WebEx) and Cybox (Annotated Notes posted to Blackboard) require cookies to be enabled: http://www.wikihow.com/Enable-Cookies-in-Your-Internet-Web-Browser
Java updates: Regular Java updates are required for Blackboard and WebEx (live streaming): http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
WebEx installation: If you are joining class live at the time of class for a web conference, there is an initial file installation (.exe or .dmg) requiring administrative permissions